Recruit and Promote (Links directly to CybePatriot Recruitment Materials & Talking Points)
Strong marketing is the key to starting your after school club or class program in the right direction. To assist you, we have compiled some of the marketing materials shared by current California CyberPatriot Coaches. Please feel free to customize the materials to serve your needs best.
CyberPatriot is the premier national youth cyber education program created to inspire high school and middle school students toward careers in cybersecurity and other STEM disciplines critical to our nation’s future. The program features the National Youth Cyber Defense Competition for high school and middle school students, AFA CyberCamps, and an elementary school cyber education initiative.
History: The Air Force Association is a non-profit organization that has for decades been concerned with national security. We see building a national technical workforce and increasing STEM education as national security issues.
- CyberPatriot started in 2009 as a pilot cyber defense competition with just eight teams from Florida
- Competition has grown to over 5,500 teams in all 50 states, Canada, and DoD dependent schools overseas.
- Awarded over $350,000 in scholarships in the past six years.
- Added two additional programs: AFA CyberCamps and an elementary school program for grades K-6
- www.map.norsecorp.com. This represents 1-2% of the actual live cyber attacks. This graphic works at ALL grade levels and is especially effective with school officials.
- Checkpoint – Threatcloud live cyber attack map and data/visual impact and support. https://threatmap.checkpoint.com/ThreatPortal/livemap.html
- FireEye Threat Map – Displays live cyber attacks and catalogs by Top 5 Industries Targeted in the past 30 days.
- CyberPatriot official videos.