Connect and collaborate with your local IT department as they serve as vital assets to your cybersecurity program and support the purpose and mission of ICT Cybersecurity competitions. IT employees also serve as wonderful guest speakers in the classroom.
Example: Moreno Valley Unified School District IT Philosophy:
We believe that effective use of educational technology will help promote lifelong learning and foster academic excellence while preparing students for a collaborative global environment.
- To increase student achievement and foster academic excellence through the use of technology.
- To provide and maintain exceptional technology support for staff and students
- To maximize efficiency of business and academic practices through the use of technology
- To increase community and parent communication
- To provide 21st century technology resources that will empower staff and students to participate in global collaborative environment.
- To instill 21st century technology learning skills and digital citizenship
- To implement the finest technology practices while providing on-going professional development.
Take a cue from one of our CA-CyberHub Advisors Henry Danielson:
“Working with the IT department is an excellent opportunity for students to see IT careers first-hand and provides a rich cybersecurity learning and competition environment.”
Henry Danielson: Director of Technology, Coast Unified School District